Monday, October 18, 2010

Amen

Ahh, prayer time. The part of our nightly routine where Reagan jumps and wiggles like she has squirrels in her pants. Super hard to keep the spirit when you want to murder your kid. So, I thought of this help that has worked wonderfully. We call it our prayer board.


First, we thought of things we're thankful for and things we are asking for. The red writing is thankful and the green writing is need/bless. Then, I let her color them all in.




Next, I made a poster board with our opening and closing sentences and 5 spaces for each color. I attached velcro to the cards and spaces and made pockets to hold the extras. Did I mention that I had the cards laminated? Well, I did.





Voila! She loves picking out her cards for the day and it's really helped settle her down and say good prayers all by herself.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

This is fantastic! I really like this idea!

Star @ A Load Of Craft said...

Genius!!! I have a 3 year old with the same problem and I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting to murder him during the prayer!! ;)