Monday, November 26, 2007

Ah, Thanksgiving. Usually a time of relaxing with the family, eating a bunch of food and taking a long afternoon nap. Oh, I wish. Now, I knew I wouldn't be doing the nap part but I thought the first two would be accomplished. Reagan stayed up all night Wednesday night screaming her head off for no reason. There really was a reason, but her parents were too stupid to figure it out. So, Thursday came along and we went up to my parents house without Jared because he was on shift. I figured since she had been up all night she would sleep all through Thanksgiving and be pleasant. I was wrong. She continued the previous night's screaming until we noticed that her poor little mouth was covered in white blotches and spots. Thrush!! How lovely. We had her checked for thrush before but it was just formula on her tongue. But, we had been told the warning signs and thrush is what she definately had. So, I called Jared at the station who called his mother who works for Reagan's doctor. He had already left for his vacation but there was an OTC medicine that we could use to calm the thrush. By the time I got the name of this medicine, dinner had just been laid out and everyone sat down to eat, about 3:00. In tears, because my baby was crying with tears, I set out to find this medicine on Thanksgiving, an hour before every store in Auburn closed. My dad saw that I was an inch from losing it, so he went with me. Long story short, no one had it and we listened to poor Reagan cry the rest of the night while eating cold leftovers. Luckily we were able to get a prescription the next morning and she's almost over her thrush. There's so much drama when you have your own kid!! I hope everyone had a better Thanksgiving then we did. I took a few pictures of Reagan at my parents on Thanksgiving, fully planning on taking more, but this is all we got around to. They are of Reagan sleeping (she did sleep a little in the morning) in her new pack-n-play. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!



3 comments:

becca said...

What a crazy day! It is so hard when they cry and you don't know why. Cody did that a lot when he was first born. I am glad you got it figured out. Sorry you missed your yummy dinner! She looked really cute for her Thanksgiving festivities if that makes you feel any better!

Familia said...

Ohhh poor Reagan! And poor you! I know how you feel there's nothing worse than a screaming baby! Im glad you got the prescription! She's getting so big! She looks so cute and sweet just sleeping so soundly in those pics!!

Heather said...

Oh, man that sucks! Don't you hate feeling like a hopeless mother who can't figure out what to do with your screaming baby? I feel that way a ton! I hope Reagan is well soon!