Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Dakota

We have a wonderful dog, Koda. She is sweet, gentle, playful and great with Reagan. She has 2 not so great qualities:
1. She is smart. Too smart.
2. She gets bored. Very bored.
Add these 2 qualities together and you get Trouble. With a capital T that rhymes with P that stands for pool. As in, our neighbors pool. You see, Koda gets bored in the backyard and no matter how valiant our efforts, always manages to find a way out. Lat summer, she enjoyed going to our neighbors house with a pool. I assume they have a pool because over the summer we collected pool noodles, several Nerf floaty pool toys and even 2 boat buoys. She also stole balls, dolls, garbage and we even found a few cat collars. So, the other day while Reagan was napping I let Koda outside to go potty. Immediately she saw a cat on the fence and booked towards it. I knew she was gone. This stupid cat is the most common cause for Dakota's jailbreaks. Usually I would go out and drive to the next block over and find Koda wandering the streets but with Reagan napping I couldn't. So, I was waiting at home for a call from someone saying they found a ferocious German Shepherd that they've tied up in their yard. Dakota is the sweetest dog ever but still has the mean look of a police attack dog. No one called and Jared couldn't find her when he went looking for her after work. We ended up going to Auburn to eat dinner with my parents and when we came home there was Dakota sitting by the front door waiting for us. She's so smart! Now I know that I can not worry about her getting lost forever when she escapes. I thought I'd post some of her cute puppy pictures from 2 years ago when we first brought her home. I love our dog!




This picture has horrible quality but it's too funny. Dakota would sleep just inside Reagan's room when we first brought her home and "guard" her. How cute!!

3 comments:

LW said...

Dakota is pretty adorable! German Shepherds are WAY to smart! Adam's family has had them since he was a baby, and they can be a handful at times, but they're such good dogs!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sara,
I am so excited to have found you....Lou is a nanny in San Antonio Texas and guess who she bumped into??? that's right your brother..what a very strange coininkydink...we were just watching the vidoe from the talent show at the Bloomfield ward and wondered how your little family are doing....

skye said...

Hi Sara and Jared! I told you I'd find ya!

Dakota is a totally cute dog! And that's a really cute name!

My kids want a dog so bad, but I just can't bring myself to let them have one because I know I'll be the one to do everything, and I just don't want another "kid" right now. Maybe I'll give in when they're older, but then I get to pick the dog, which will be a Jack Russell terrier. I could handle one of them. :)

~Andrea K