Saturday, March 27, 2010

finish line ahead *woot woot*

Ok, I know I still have a few months to go, but we are getting close to meeting this little kiddo. I have less than 12 weeks, less than 80 days and it's getting pretty cozy here in my womb so I am feeling that the end is soon and am so grateful. My first pregnancy was wonderful. Very little discomfort, lots of free time for naps and not a whole lot of heavy lifting. Prenancies with a 2 year old are a little different. Now that Reagan is in a big girl bed there are virtually no naps unless she's exhausted and happens to give in to one. She's also decided to be much more clingy. I'm guessing she's starting to realize that she'll no longer be the only kid and is trying to get in as much mommy time as she can. While this is so cute and sweet when we snuggle on the bed reading books, it is not so cute and sweet when she refuses to walk and wants me to carry her. She's not too heavy but still, you have legs- use them. Insomnia has started to creep back into my nights. I realize this is preparing me for nights with a newborn, but come on, it's baby number 2. I don't need reminding about how crazy those first few months are. Let's just sleep, mkay? Ok, enough venting. I'm sleepy, sore and just ready to be done. Blah, blah, blah. Can I tell you about my awesome kid?

Reagan's transition to big girl bed has been absolutely flawless. Seriously, this kid is crazy. Our first night, she got out of bed a bunch of times and I was prepared to have this be the norm for awhile. Well, she hasn't gotten out of bed at night since. She hasn't once asked for a bink or ni nite. She's never been caught playing with toys when she should be sleeping. She goes down willingly every night and gets up at a decent hour every morning. I love her! She has been so good at this, I'm baffled. I'm hoping that her being so cool doesn't mean that I'll have a little terror on my hands with the next one, but could I really be so lucky to get 2 great kids? I guess we'll find out in a few months. I'm so grateful to have such an obedient child. It makes life a little great when I can just have fun and don't have to worry about disciplining her all day. Don't get me wrong, she does get into her share of trouble but she's really all about making me happy and doing what's right. I hope that lasts forever!

3 comments:

Kari said...

You are so lucky! My girls spend their days getting into trouble and ignoring everything I say. I'm so glad her transition was easy. The only thing that could be worse than the soreness and insomnia would be a two year old who won't stay in her bed on top of your soreness and insomnia.

Heather said...

I'm glad Reagan is cooperating for you while you're starting to feel that third trimester fatigue. Good luck in the coming weeks! (Oh, and Happy Birthday yesterday!)

Tina said...

I don't want to even think about pregnancy with a toddler yet! But you can do it and it sounds like big girl bed is one less thing to worry about!